How Chicago Title Can Serve You Prior To Land Acquisition
At Chicago Title, we offer a complete review of the proposed development from inception through completion of the exit strategy.
Beginning with the concept of the project, we are available for site location, site assessment and pre-estimates of title fees through disposition. The opportunity to anticipate every scenario surrounding title issues helps ensure a smooth transaction, eliminates surprise, and can result in significant savings in title fees, legal fees and engineering fees.
Understanding the concerns of your lender and legal counsel, and addressing those issues early, prevents last minute demands for unforeseen title coverage needed via endorsements.
A thorough exam of the status of title on a proposed project is the first step in mapping out the nature of the transaction and establishing the final goal. By focusing on that goal, Chicago Title can be an active participant in developing the project through every phase. By knowing what is required at each juncture, and remaining steadfast in the pursuit of success, we can be a key factor in the timely delivery of your project.
We employ a staff of highly trained technicians to examine, report, guarantee and insure the condition of title for all types of subdivision developments. In addition, as a member of your Chicago Title developer’s team, we see our job as working closely with you, your project engineer and attorney to anticipate and resolve the many title related issues that arise throughout the course of a project.
We work with your team in examining and proposing solutions to title related issues such as:
- “Blanket floating” or otherwise undefined or unlocated easements.
- Implied or actual rights of surface entry for the development of existing oil or mineral rights.
- Recorded covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&R’s) which limit or prohibit the proposed development.
- Boundary documents which may create gaps or overlaps with the description or establishment of the boundaries of the subject property.
- Easements of record which may, based on their location or use, impair or otherwise limit the proposed development.
- Issues involving primary or secondary access to the project site.
This represents just a few of the issues which may delay, hinder or otherwise impair the proposed project development plans. We recognize that we may not always be the title company for the land acquisition. However, since we will be working with you and your team thereafter, consider seeking our input prior to closing of the land acquisition escrow. We will be happy to help when and where possible.
Our Builder Services department provides coordination of research and acquisition of your property. We will provide you and your engineer title reports, copies of recorded easements and other related documents to ensure your project’s information is technically correct.
- Property ownership information
- Ownership addresses and mailing labels
- Assessor’s property tax information
- Assessor parcel maps and tax parcel numbers